Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Girl in the Red Hat


She didn't think it was funny, either, that I was talking about her blue hat as a red one. PNG kids don't often correct their elders, and if I said that the hat was red, I could just think that it was red as far as she was concerned. She looked mildly worried when I swiped it and put it on, and even more mildly relieved when I gave it back. Actually, her expression changed very little the whole time she was in my exam room. That's Marla the student nurse, who is more interested in my camera (being operated by Roselyn, the other student nurse) than in my lame attempt to be funny.

4 comments:

  1. Andy, if you want your own "red" hat I'll buy you one or better yet, make you one! And yes, you are funny! Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hat and a nice smile!

    Lourens

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. :) The nurse's face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete