Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Srfing the lard

A few days ago Bill came by the exam rooms with a handful of papers and a stapler. He chose one of the papers and stapled it to my wall. It was obviously a page from a Sunday School curriculum book, completed by a child in the US, Canada or another of the English-speaking countries as part of a lesson about missions. They were apparently supposed to use the space provided to write a letter to a missionary.

I don't know how it was decided which missionary got these. I assume that all across the English-speaking world on that particular Sunday, kids wrote letters to missionaries, and that Nazarene missionaries all over the world have been getting them. I know that mine came from Lexie, and that she and her friends are praying for me. It matters little to me that she doesn't know my name, nor perhaps even what country her note ended up in. The sweet, innocent prayers of children are going up to the Father, who knows what missionaries to connect those prayers to. That's enough for me. So I'll keep srfing the lard where He has assigned me, strengthened by His grace and the prayers of His people, including His young people.

Thank you Lexie and your friends, wherever you are. Keep praying.

COMMENTS

2 comments:

  1. I love it- how sweet is that! You just keep on 'srfing the lard' and one day you will be rewarded!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy -- this is what it means to be a Global Church -- what a privilege!

    ReplyDelete