Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Real Washington

When we travel "Back East" and refer to Washington (sometimes even when we mention a particular town) people will ask us, "Washington State or Washington, D.C.?" Well, friends, this is the real Washington, not the District of Columbia! This is where I was born, and where I have spent 23 of my 56 years, and it's good to be back. We have started a 2-week tour of churches on the Washington Pacific District. I'll tell you more about the services in a few days, but there are a couple of personal connections that I'll share first.

Yesterday we got to meet Dave and Rosie Kerr, along with their lovely daughters Grace and Anna. The Kerrs have been missionaries for several years, but are being reassigned to PNG! Dave will teach at Melanesia Nazarene Bible College (MNBC) and Rosie, who is a family doc, will help out at the hospital. They are just waiting for their work permits and visas to go through, and they will come. Please pray for that to happen quickly.

Then in the evening we had a great family time. We went with my niece Liz Cushman and her husband Adam to the home of my cousin Elli O'Brien and her husband, Roger, where we met up with my other cousin Mark Maguire and his wife Julie. We had a great evening of laughs and reminiscence.

COMMENTS

4 comments:

  1. Russ and Pattie BoyesMay 26, 2009 at 6:13 AM

    Soon it will be our district's turn for you you to come. We look forward to seeing you in Calgary, June 10th.

    I just noticed that your messages have PNG date and time. :)

    Russ and Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say, also, I appreciate your "Real Washington" title since I was born in Spokane and lived there till my 8th birthday.

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you guys will have more friends out in Kudjip and at the Bible College!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had quite a whirlwind tour! Will you make it down to SW Washington while you are here? It would be great to see you.

    Your cousin, Anne

    ReplyDelete