Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sick in Paradise

You should know that this lovely portrait of me was taken at about 3 on Tuesday afternoon. I'm not usually laying on the couch in my sweats at 3 on Tuesday afternoons. I'm usually saving lives and stamping out disease as usual up at the hospital.

Monday began with my body sending me a few little hints that perhaps all was not right within. But I shrugged it of, as my body occasionally sends me hints that prove to be false. So I went to work, but the morning was accompanied by the growing conviction that my inmost parts had been invaded by viruses, bacteria, amoebae, or perhaps an army if tiny space aliens.

I came home at lunch and laid down on the bed, from whence I moved very little for the rest of the day. Occasional forays out into the rest of the house. Frequent visits to the small room next door to the bedroom. I slept so much through the afternoon and evening, that by midnight I was wide awake. So I spent most of the night in the recliner, dozing, doing Facebook, computer games or just feeling sorry for myself.

Well, if I already have you feeling sufficiently sorry for me, I'll admit that I may be feeling a tiny bit better. I ate a banana about an hour ago, and then a piece of toast just now, without any ill effects. It's beginning to look like I may survive.

4 comments: