Monday, January 12, 2009

Snapshots of Paradise

My days are a series of mental snapshots. If I could just up-load these pictures from my brain, it would tell my story pretty well. Most of the time I don't have the time to take the camera out of it's little holster. Sometimes it's just not appropriate to take pictures, or to share them in such a public venue as a blog.

Sometimes the pictures mean "it was really fun to get to participate in this." Sometimes they say, "the world is full of sin, and this illustrates it." Sometimes they say, "there is so much work to be done."

Here's a real (not mental) photo from the first category. Those matching babies are twins that I delivered by cesarean section in the middle of the night to a mom with multiple complications. I gave a fair chance for them to deliver by the conventional route, but when they weren't coming, I knew I had to do it the other way. Seeing this happy seen on the ward is a great reward for any inconvenience I might have experienced. Look at the joy in the faces of this family!

COMMENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment