This morning we spoke at the Lincoln Place Church of the Nazarene, in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania. For those of you who are familiar with the history of our denomination, this church was part of the Association of Pentecostal Churches of America, one of the three groups that merged to form what is now the Church of the Nazarene in 1908. They were organized and completed their building in 1887, so they pre-dated the CoN by 11 years. Of special interest, they believe that they are the only surviving congregation of the APCA that still is using their original building.
They currently are a lively, thriving, growing body. We had a great time with Pastor Joe Stump and his congregation this morning.
Then in the evening, we were at the Beaver Falls, PA church. We enjoyed the fellowship of this congregation. Some former New Tribes Missionaries from PNG attended the service, since they had seen an announcement about our being from PNG. They served at the NTM base in Goroka for many years, working in the print shop. After the service we ate at a place called Eat n Park with Pastor Gary Smith and several people from the congregation.
We are staying in a beautiful bed and breakfast inn, operated by a retired history prof from near-by Geneva College.