Sunday, October 18, 2009

First Date

Thirty-five years ago this evening I had my first date with Judy Hunt. It wasn't my last. We went to a couple of events on campus, then out to eat at JB's, the only eatery in Nampa that was open late in those days.

In commemoration of that date, this evening we stayed home, sat in our matching recliners and watched TV. I made pancakes. Then later I sang romantic old Gordon Lightfoot songs to her (my favorite is "Beautiful"). Of course, she was already asleep, and didn't hear them. Our excitement quotient has slipped just a little bit since 1974!

The biggest difference between then and now, is that I love her a whole lot more now than I did then. I had no clue how love grows over the years of shared life. She's great!

***
The photo is Judy with AnnMarie Kia, the wife of Pastor Robert Kia, of the Emmanuel church here at Kudjip. It was taken at a recent fund-raising mumu, helping the Kias raise money to go to Brisbane to attend Nazarene Theological College. They'll be leaving in about 3 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary of your first date! I just love reading your blogs, Andy! Keep 'em coming.

    I didn't Realize Robert and Annmarie were leaving so soon. . .maybe I'll see them when I'm back in Brisbane in June!

    ReplyDelete