Monday, November 9, 2009

Anticipation

I'd love to burst into a Carly Simon song, but I'll just put up a couple of photos to tell a little about the weekend, and our expectations for tormorrow.

Saturday morning the mumu pit in our back yard was used to cook one of the pigs for a mumu that was done in celebration of the new hospital. Ishigel and Aku are friends (sons of Simon and Esther Tausi, of whom I've written several times). I love the photo. They are sitting by the fire that was used to heat the stones for cooking the food in the pit.

Saturday, before and after the mumu, Judy and I worked on a few more details in the new Outpatient Department. This included repairing and hanging x-ray view boxes, hanging BP cuffs and other wall-mounted items. Judy dusted all the high windows.

Finally, on Sunday afternoon I was showing a new visiting doctor around the hospital, and I found out that the first baby had been born. Her she is.

Tomorrow will be the first day in the new OPD and ER. I'll report tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment