Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Coming Home

|
This evening after my workout at the gym, I needed to take a car down to the Dooleys, so I walked up to the house from the front driveway, rather than cutting across the back yard as I normally would coming home from the hospital side. It was raining lightly. I love the way the house looks at twilight, with the warm glow from the windows, and knowing that there will be peace and love inside. I love the random flowers along the drive and across the front of the house.

As we approach time for furlough, I'm getting restless, and I'm thinking a lot about what we will be doing when we get to the US, especially time with our kids and other family. We think of that as "going home", but in reality we, like most missionaries, have two homes, and we love them both. The US is home. Nampa is home (whatever house we'll be in). But PNG is home, and this little corrugated tropical bungalow is home, too.

COMMENTS

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have put it better myself. The Lord is so good to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, and a lovely home it is, but mostly because of the sweet people that live inside it! we are going to miss you on furlough...sorry home assignment!

    ReplyDelete