Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Excuses

When the power goes off, our internet connection is gone. Sometimes even when the power is on, one of the meny links between our computer and the V-SAT dish fails, and the connection is gone for a while. Plus, the battery in this laptop will no longer hold a charge even adequate to keep it on for a few seconds--it goes off like a light when the power goes off, and whatever I'm working on is instantly lost. We'll pick up a new battery as soon as we get back to the US. Both Sunday evening and last night I was ready to post to the blog when we lost internet, and I wasn't willing to stay up until it came back on.

In fact, last night we had no connection when I fell asleep in my recliner, and still didn't when I woke up at 1:30 because I was called into the hospital. When I got back at 3-something it still wasn't on. We hope for a more reliable connection for the next few months while we're in the US. Former PNG missionaries will marvel that I'm complaining about my internet connection being unreliable, instead of complaining that it takes a month for mail to go between PNG and the US. Actually, it still takes a month for mail to go between PNG and the US.

COMMENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment