Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Two Men at the Bottom of the Ladder


I wanted to take some photos of the new hospital yesterday afternoon. I've wanted to get one from a higher point of view than I can from the ground, so I went to Maintenance, got a ladder and a "spare" worker.

We carried the ladder down to Knox Church, and put it up in a couple of different places, and I went up and took pictures. While we were there, my friend Michael, who works at maintenance, and had known I was borrowing a ladder, showed up. I think he was just worried about what crazy thing I might be doing, and so he came to help make sure I was safe as soon as he could get away from whatever else he had been working on.

Here are Michael and Tony steadying my ladder, and here is one of the pictures I took.

COMMENTS

7 comments:

  1. What happened to the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the pictures now. I don't blame the guys for not wanting to hold your ladder. Hope the safty inspector wasn't around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy that is a good picture of your maintenance workers and your shoe.
    Denis Frederickson

    ReplyDelete
  4. cWhere is he hospital in relationship to the old one? What will become of the old hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob--You misunderstood! They WANTED to hold it. They worry about us missionaries.

    Di--You can see the old hospital in the distance behind the new one. We don't know what will become of it. It is in a very sorry state of decay, but there are people who want to remodel it into staff housing. I think it would be easier, cheaper and better to tear it down and build brand new on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.

    Amazing what twenty years and a million dollars can do for a place!

    The skyline there never fails to inspire awe.

    Esther M in Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete