Sunday, February 8, 2009

This and That

.
Saturday. I'm on call, but we have a medical student, a very capable one. She's actually on call, and I'm on back-up for her. Which means that I don't have to handle a lot of the trivial stuff and part of the not-so-trivial stuff that I ordinarily would. I went in for rounds in the morning, and then did a cesarean section in the afternoon. I haven't gotten so lazy that I let med students do c-sections alone! Dr. Steph Doenges, our newest missionary doctor came in to assist, as she needs to get acclimated to sections here.

I learned a little more about the story of the people trapped in the house by the tree last Thursday. It was the top that broke on the tree, and was carried some distance (I don't know how far) by the wind before striking the house. There were 2 more people in the house at the time. The "teen-age girl" that I've been talking about is actually a young married woman with a baby, who was with her, as well as her baby brother, about 18 or 20 months, I'd guess. And I found today that she has a broken leg. Grandma is doing well, with less pain today.

The photo above is of the Jimi Valley. I like the way that the white clouds set off the horizon of the mountains so well.

COMMENTS

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy and Judy! Just had chance to check out your blog. The pictures are lovely! And on your birthday, you don't look much older than when I last saw you. We do appreciate the emails we get from time to time. It takes more effort to check out the blog, I must confess. We think of you and pray often and remember your visit here. It's changed a LOT since your visit.

    May the Lord bless you richly, as I know He does! Dave & Rhoda Restrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restricks! Thanks for the note. Glad you enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete